TV has been at the centre of UK popular culture since the 1950s, yet much of its output is inadequately documented and hidden from researchers and potential users. The work of the Centre for the History of Television Culture and Production is to reveal the hidden histories of television.
TV Centre groups our research on television production and programmes in the UK. We aim to:
- Capture and record TV history before it disappears
- Understand how programmes have been made
- Analyse the programmes that have been produced
- Rediscover neglected works and practices
- Examine the strategic, regulatory and cultural imperatives that inform television production